Citizenship by Investment in Saint Lucia
Saint Lucia citizenship by investment program was introduced in 2015 to become the fifth citizenship program in the Caribbean (the other players are St. Kitts & Nevis, Dominica, Antigua & Barbuda, Grenada). All the five Caribbean citizenship programs are more or less similar by required investment level and qualification criteria. Against this background, Saint Lucia stands out by more investment options than in other programs (e.g. refundable government bond investment option can be found only citizenship legislation of Saint Lucia and not available in other countries of the Caribbean).
Benefits of Saint Lucia Citizenship and Passport:
- Citizenship for life, including the right to work, reside and study in St Lucia
- Visa-free travel to 114 countries and territories, including the Schengen Area (all European countries). The full list is at the end of this article.
- Dual citizenship is allowed therefore no need to renounce your current citizenship
- Stable nation belonging to the Commonwealth of Nations, the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), and the International Organization of La Francophonie
- After amendments that came into force from 01.01.2017 citizenship program of St. Lucia is the most affordable in the Caribbean region (if we compare non-refundable contribution options of all the 5 Caribbean passport programs).
- National Economic Fund (NEF) Contribution. Monetary non-refundable contribution to the NEF organization as follows: US$ 100,000 for a single applicant, US$ 165,000 for main applicant with spouse, US$ 190,000 for a family with up to 3 dependents (spouse + 2 children), US$ 25,000 for every additional dependent
- Real Estate Investment. The purchased property must be minimum US$ 300,000 in a pre-approved real estate development area. The property must be owned and maintained for a minimum of 5 years. Property registration, processing fees and taxes must be paid in addition to the property purchase.
- Enterprise Project Investment. An applicant must invest a minimum of US$ 3,500,000 in an approved enterprise project and create at least 3 jobs. Two applicants can share an investment of US$ 6,000,000 and create 6 jobs to qualify. Approved enterprise projects must fall under one of the following categories: specialty restaurants, cruise ports and marinas, agro-processing plants, pharmaceutical products, ports, bridges, roads and highways, research institutions and facilities, or offshore universities.
- Government Bonds as follows: US$ 500,000 for a single applicant, US$ 535,000 for main applicant with spouse, US$ 550,000 for a family with up to 3 dependents (spouse + 2 children), US$ 25,000 for every additional dependent. The bonds must be owned and maintained for a minimum of 5 years. Non-refundable administrative fee US$ 50,000 is to be paid under bond investment option.
- Main applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Main applicant must have a total net worth of at least $3 million
- No criminal record (applicant and his family members pass due diligence checks)
- Good health
- No interview requirement
- No language requirement
- No residency or travel requirements
In addition to spouse and children below 18 years old the following family members can be included into citizenship application:
- Children between 18 and 25 years old who are fully supported by the main applicant and in full time attendance at an institution of higher learning
- Parents above 65 years old who lives with and are fully supported by the main applicant
- Physically and mentally challenged children or parents
Visa-Free Travel for Saint Lucian Citizens
Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Botswana, Bulgaria, Chi le, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Micronesia, Monaco, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Visa on Arrival or E-Visa for Saint Lucian Citizens
Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Georgia, Guinea-Bissau, India, Iran, Jordan, Laos, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritania, Mozambique, Nepal, Palau, Samoa, Senegal, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda
Visa-free status can change from time to time. Please visit your Ministry of Foreign Affairs prior to travel.
If you have any questions regarding citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia or wish to use our legal assistance contact us today When you send us an e-mail, please, indicate your citizenship, country of residence, and age of every family member to be included into application. We must have this information in order we could quote the fees and expenses applicable in your case.